A Good Run
After I wrote the post this morning, I forced myself out of the house and to the office to get some work done. For an hour or more it felt good to distract myself and lose myself in my work. But eventually I came back to what I was feeling before, and now I don't even feel like I can work.
I missed my dentist appointment. Thought it was at 10:40, it's actually at 10. So I've rescheduled for Friday at 8:40. I think that was what threw me off and forced me back into a mental spiral. How could something that small derail me so easily? I used to be more thick-skinned. I used to be able to let things slide right off my back, and refocus easily. In fact, the small stuff didn't used to affect me at all. Now it seems that every little thing drives me down. It makes me feel weak and helpless.
Earlier, I was listening to Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, and a lot of the lyrics felt like they were written for depression. It was quite eye opening. Things I had a hard time putting to words, they sang with ease.
Well, now I'm sort of stuck here, and I don't know what to do with myself...
Comments
Post a Comment