Slumping

What have I been up to in the two days that I neglected to post here? Well, to be perfectly honest, I've been in a bit of a slump. There's quite a story and I think it's a lesson I've learned well. At least I hope I've learned it. We'll see.

On Sunday you may remember that I was feeling rather badly about my weight and about my progress thus far given how much work I've been putting into my body. So Monday and Tuesday, I let it slide a little further than is really okay. I had cookies, I didn't work out, I stopped tracking calories altogether... But that's okay. Because accidents happen, mood swings are a very real part of my life and I can't avoid the beasties in my closet forever. Sooner or later I remember that I have off days, and weight loss is not an easy battle.

The added stress of work and house hunting (Wifey and I live in an apartment with a grand total of 1 bedroom) pushed me to sit in sloth and eat cookies while watching Netflix. I guess I eat when I'm stressed. Huh - never knew.

Anyway, the good news is that I'm back. I packed a lunch, tracked my caloric intake and even lifted.

Tomorrow I run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While

Working Hard to Get My Thrills

All About That Tech