I've Got Stress Coming Out My Ears
I'm a stressed out guy. Lately, I've been quite stressed, due mainly to work, and partially also because of recent updates to my life that include but are not limited to house-hunting.
I notice that when my stress levels rise, I rise, I develop ticks of sorts - for the past year or so, that tick has been a click of the jaw. I can click it, and I do so over and over and over again, until I have a headache and Wifey is annoyed at me for making the noise. But I have a hard time stopping. It's an outlet for my stress, and without it, I don't know what would happen.
So what do I do about it? Well, I'm working as hard as I can at work, and while completing work is what I enjoy, and what ultimately keeps me unstressed, working hard in itself actually raises stress levels. So I'm in a Catch-22. What are the results of having stress coming out my ears? Well, beyond the clicking-jaw tick, I also crack my knuckles/back more, I sleep less soundly, I eat more, and of course my eczema is worse, particularly on my face.
The simple remediation of this problem cannot be to work less, because A: I need to make money. B: I don't believe in running away from your problems. Yes, a vacation would be nice. No, I can't take one this second. So I need a more constant stress release to keep myself sane. I'm going to have to make exercise a regular part of my routine again. So today, I'll lift. My problem with exercising regularly is basically that I just have trouble finding the time when I'm stressed (which is when I need it most). I'll have to develop a strict schedule for when I'm working out because if I don't, it'll fall through the cracks and I'll never make the time. I'll fill it in with TV or some other non-active activity.
And I still intend to start a juice fast this Sunday.
Comments
Post a Comment