It's Not About Weight

Sure, I'd like to look good with my shirt off, but the truth is, I focus on it way more than it's actually worth to me.

I'm realizing more and more that if I want to stay consistent, I need a battery of reasons that I focus on equally. I've spoken in the past about why I began my journey, but I don't think I've ever discussed all of the reasons that keep me going in one place.
  • As I wrote about before, I want to be around for a long time; for my family, for my friends, and for myself.
  • I come from a family with a long and winding history of skin conditions. I have eczema, and the best way I know of to make it better is to be better to my body as a whole. It's all about lowering my stress levels, physical, mental, and emotional.
  • I also am not very happy right now. When I eat well and exercise regularly, I have better control over my emotions, and I find it easier to see blue skies.
  • From experience, I know I sleep better and feel better when I'm awake while taking care of my body.
  • And lastly, I do want to lose weight, even if it's not my primary reason. I think I'd feel really good about myself if I did, and it would be a huge accomplishment I could point to and say, "I did this. I am worth at least that much."
Anyway, thanks for listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While

Working Hard to Get My Thrills

All About That Tech