Water
I've never kept track of how much water I drink. Okay, there's an exception, but that was when I did a juice fast for 10 days. That was an awesome time. Really cool experiment. I might just do that again sometime soon. But yeah water...
So I've wondered for a long time where that rule that everyone knows, "Drink 8 servings of 8 ounces of water per day" comes from. I did a little research.
On the Mayo Clinic website, I found an article that outlined some research on the subject. Apparently, it's a guess altogether, but it makes sense when you know some other research that has been done. The Institute of Medicine says men should actually be drinking 13 cups (8 oz. each), while women need only 9 cups. But compound that with the fact that not all the cups have to come from actual cups of water. We get water from our food and any other drink we consume. So it's 13 cups a day, 8 of which should be pure water.
I've never kept track of how much water I drink per day, but today I am. Luckily it doesn't require another app. MyFitnessPal is good 'nuf. I have to pee.
Comments
Post a Comment