Thanks on Thanksgiving
Today, here in Cleveland, OH, I was gifted with a white Thanksgiving day, and in that merit, I will take today's post to talk about Thanks, and the things we can be Thankful for.
First, let's talk about today. Today, I woke up and weighed myself like I do every morning. Unfortunately, I did not see the numbers I had been hoping for. As you all know, I'm trying to lose weight right now, and well, I'm at 183.4 lb. today (from 181 yesterday). Not the way I had hoped things would go. To make matters worse, today is Thanksgiving. In my family, that means lots of family, lots of laughter, and most of all, copious amounts of food. We do all the foods with all the fixings. I just don't know if I'll be able to "take it easy," as Wifey is always telling me when I'm faced with enormous quantities of food. So expect me to be fat tomorrow.
That's how I was feeling, and that's what I was thinking as I saw that number on the scale, and as I sat wasting the morning away in front of the TV, watching Netflix and eating Life (with whole milk), snacking on trail mix. Around noon I forced myself to get up and get dressed. Looking at the clock, I realized it made more sense to go to the gym now, and then eat lunch after. I wouldn't get the opportunity later. So I did. And I worked my ass off. I went from bench presses, to shoulder presses, to push-ups, to crunches, back to bench presses, to bicep curls, on and on and on. I burned about 350 calories, and I got a great pump in. It doesn't really matter what I weigh. So long as I like how I look, and I like how I feel, I don't really care what the scale tells me. I'm doing this for me. I'm doing this for my family. I'm doing this for now, and for the future.
So today, I give my thanks, I have my family, and I'm exactly where I should be.
First, let's talk about today. Today, I woke up and weighed myself like I do every morning. Unfortunately, I did not see the numbers I had been hoping for. As you all know, I'm trying to lose weight right now, and well, I'm at 183.4 lb. today (from 181 yesterday). Not the way I had hoped things would go. To make matters worse, today is Thanksgiving. In my family, that means lots of family, lots of laughter, and most of all, copious amounts of food. We do all the foods with all the fixings. I just don't know if I'll be able to "take it easy," as Wifey is always telling me when I'm faced with enormous quantities of food. So expect me to be fat tomorrow.
That's how I was feeling, and that's what I was thinking as I saw that number on the scale, and as I sat wasting the morning away in front of the TV, watching Netflix and eating Life (with whole milk), snacking on trail mix. Around noon I forced myself to get up and get dressed. Looking at the clock, I realized it made more sense to go to the gym now, and then eat lunch after. I wouldn't get the opportunity later. So I did. And I worked my ass off. I went from bench presses, to shoulder presses, to push-ups, to crunches, back to bench presses, to bicep curls, on and on and on. I burned about 350 calories, and I got a great pump in. It doesn't really matter what I weigh. So long as I like how I look, and I like how I feel, I don't really care what the scale tells me. I'm doing this for me. I'm doing this for my family. I'm doing this for now, and for the future.
So today, I give my thanks, I have my family, and I'm exactly where I should be.
Comments
Post a Comment