End of Week 1

Down to 184.2 lb. today! Progress is progress. I had over 1000 kcal left at the end of the day yesterday so I allowed myself a little red wine and 2 pieces of dark chocolate while I watched back episodes of Doctor Who with wifey on Netflix.

It's day 4 and I'm still going strong. I am finding that while I don't need the calories, I feel very very hungry in between snacks/meals. And it seems that no amount of water guzzling helps. I dunno. I'm thinking eventually I'll just get used to having less in my stomach at a set time? It's possible, I suppose, but getting to that point is just no fun at all.

I'm optimistic about my progress so far and about the potential for updates in the near and distant future. I'm especially optimistic about how good I'll look and feel by the time summer comes around.

Speaking of summer, it snowed like a beast last night. I don't know how I'm going to run in this. I was planning on squeezing in a quick run today - amid all the crazy amounts of cooking I need to do. Today is going to be mildly insane.

Here's an issue I should address right now.
Shabbos. It's the day of rest for us Jewy Jews in all our Jewish Jewyness.

As a day of rest, it is also the day on which we make like bears before hibernation and stuff our pie holes till there is no room to breath. It's great. We eat 2 or 3 feasts throughout the 26 and 4 minute period, drinking alcohol, singing songs, praying, sleeping, laughing, and most of all not working. Work in this context is defined by anything that was performed in the Temple (I and II) in Jerusalem (as well as the Tabernacle in the Desert).

According to most Rabbinical sources, that includes purposeful sweating, so exercise is out. And it's unlikely I'll work out on Saturday night. So working out on Friday is a really good idea.

Also according every legitimate Orthodox Rabbinical source, electricity is a no-no. That issue is more complicated, but the basics is that in turning on a light switch for example, you are completing a circuit, which constitutes building, a form of work on Shabbos. Similarly, you can not write on Shabbos, for the same reason (making letters is considered building). I have no way to track my calories, even if I could estimate.

So how do I get around that and eat well, so I don't ruin my streak from the previous week? I guess what I'll do is limit myself to:

  • Kiddush (cup of wine/grape juice)
  • 1 slice Challah.
  • Infinite dip
  • 1 Bowl soup
  • 1 piece main course
  • 2 sides
  • Half portion dessert.


Per meal. And 1 beer at night.
Although it still is a large meal, and probably above my caloric allowance, I'll still be okay, because I won't be going crazy. Gotta live a little.

Alright, I think that's enough of my meandering writing for a while. Go forth and prosper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While

Working Hard to Get My Thrills

All About That Tech