Day 2

Yesterday I ran. Woo! First run in ages. I haven't run at all for at least since the Ice Bucket Challenge, which was a while ago, and that was a measly little run. And before that, I hadn't run in months. Mainly that's because I had switched away from running, but whatever.
Here are the apps I use to keep myself healthy.

First off, I'm using an iPhone 5, and only one paid app. So there. I'm not spending money unless it's worth it, and even then, I'm stingy.

Okay, so the apps are:

  • iSmoothRun Pro ($5 all else are FREE) - Tracking workouts.
  • MyFitnessPal - Tracking weight and food eaten
  • Strava - For bike rides. It's just nice having a dedicated app for that.
  • Apple Healthkit - To pull it all together and see my progress.


Truth is though, that from iSmoothRun I do export to a number of sites where my info is stored. The reasoning behind this is threefold.

  1. Having my information in more places means I won't lose the info ever, even in the event of a crash on some site.
  2. Some sites are better for embedding workouts than others.
  3. I can have more friends by being on more networks.
The other networks I'm on are:
  • Nike+
  • MapMyRun
  • DailyMile
  • Facebook and Twitter, obviously.

I also export to DropBox, just in case.

That's a lot, when you see it all in one place! But it's not a lot of work. I don't honestly check all of them often. Just the ones I use.

Well, that's about it! Wish I could've added an embedded workout from Nike+ or something, but they seem to have removed that functionality... Bummer.

Edit 11/18/14:
Turns out the only one of the many networks I'm on that has any embedding functionality is Strava, so I'll be embedding from there. Take note. Here's my run from 11/12/14:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While

Working Hard to Get My Thrills

All About That Tech