A Day Off Is No Day Off

Today is my day off. From work, that is. My basic rule is, if my wife has time off, I have time off, because she generally works harder than I do. There are exceptions to that rule of course, but I try to give her the time she deserves. And yet, even though a day in which I don't go to the office is a day to relax, I'm choosing to relax today by doing active things.

At some point in the day, I'll run. I'm aiming for 1.75 miles today. Damn I'm out of shape.

Also today, because I have the lovely helping hands of Wifey, I'm going to try to take some progress photos, this time not just of me with my phone in front of a mirror (shirt ON! What was I thinking???).

I'm going to try to convince Wifey to do some low-level exercise with me today, maybe a walk in the park. She's been sick the past couple of days, and seeing as today is her first day back, she's still tentative about being well. She's doing what I would do - take the first day back on your feet slow, easy, deliberate.

Sleep Cycle is really an amazing app. I know I've raved about it before, but I'm only getting more and more impressed with it. I need 3 more days of use from it before it starts calculating how well I slept, but I'll tell you, I feel like a princess waking up in the morning. It slowly just allows me to comfortably and gently get pulled out from my slumber, awakening with a smile on my face. I will never use a normal alarm clock again.

Watch for updates later today - with my run, and with the photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Been A While

Working Hard to Get My Thrills

All About That Tech